Join the Jerry’s Family
At Jerry’s Mechanical Heating & Air, we’re always on the lookout for qualified, honest, hardworking professionals to add to our family team. We are an established company with opportunities for advancement and offer competitive wages, as well as excellent benefits. We are always looking to help begin or advance HVAC careers, so whether you are a skilled mechanic or service technician, or any other experienced HVAC professional, we’re always happy to hear from you.
Please see the following positions currently open:
Pay: Salary (depending on experience)
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex technical tasks related to installing, maintaining and repairing heating, cooling, ventilation and related systems.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems.
- Monitors and inspects heating and cooling systems to ensure continued proper operation.
- Locates, picks up, and delivers parts required for department needs.
- Assists in monitoring the work of lower level HVAC mechanics by providing instruction and training, serving as information resource and reviewing completed projects.
- Checks and changes air filters on a regular basis.
- Assesses drain problems and performs any needed repairs.
- Installs humidifiers into system and connects water and drain pipes.
- Determines amount of airflow required to keep carbon dioxide at a safe level; ensures this level is maintained.
- Reporting Relationships: Direction Received: Reports to the Supervisor of Maintenance Trades.
Direction Given: Responsible for directing and monitoring the work of student and/or temporary employees with some supervisory responsibilities such as monitoring and reviewing the work of lower-level employees.
Minimum Requirements: Requires basic knowledge in a specific area obtained through training after high school and two years HVAC experience; a valid North Carolina or South Carolina driver’s license.